Friday, November 13, 2009

Confections of a Closet Master Baker

I love the library. I actually wanted to volunteer there in high school during my free time (I never did, but I actually wanted to). I used to buy all of my books, but after moving so many times during and after college, I decided I was sick of moving them all. Or maybe I was sick of hearing my husband complain about carrying the 100 lb boxes. Regardless, since we are currently living on one salary so I am able to stay home with my son, buying books is a luxury I can no longer afford.

I went to the library with my son last week. As anyone who has ever had a toddler knows, these kind of trips need to be short and sweet. As I passed the new release shelf on my way out, a book titled Confections of a Closet Master Baker by Gesine Bullock-Prado caught my eye. It looked like an easy, fun read and was exactly that. Luckily I had it in my purse when I went to a Doctor's appointment that afternoon and even though my appointment was at 3:40 pm, I didn't see the Doctor until almost 5 pm...and I wasn't even mad because this book saved my sanity. It was a funny and refreshing look at a woman who leaves her high profile career in Hollywood to open a bakery in rural Vermont. She relates much of her life to baking throughout the cook, plus it has several great sounding recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment